| 0 comments ]

As the first green heads of grain formed on the spring barley in Israel, workers would tied a ribbon around each budding stem to set them apart from the still immature barley. When this marked grain ripened, it was harvested for the temple in Jerusalem because God commanded that when they came to the feast, they should not appear before the Lord empty handed.

Some of us are so busy doing things to please the Lord that we forget to rest in what Christ has already accomplished. Because Jesus is our firstfruits, we have infinite value and will never come before him empty handed.

First I come to God in worship

Then my service I will bring

I will not be empty handed

As I come to Christ the King

When you give yourself to God

All other giving becomes natural.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails